Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro review by Silvertone

Silvertone: Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Here is where this baby shines. I generally play hard rock and some metal, while experimenting with blues and classic rock. This guitar has the perfect fit for all. Which distortion on, this guitar can crank out as much metal as you could ever ask for. Very little background noise doesnt't distract you from the magic your making. This baby sounds great clean as well, for you blues and country players (even though the shape doesn't suit either).

Seing as how I play hard rock, grunge, metal, generally '80s-and-on stuff, this guitar fits perfect. The sound fits well no matter what. The shape is great for you metal heads, looking as if you are about to bring the apocalypse. I have been playing for 1 year, and got this about 3 months ago, and it was very easy to pick up and get started. With my 20-watt Fender amp, this baby still sounds like gold. If I lost this, it's a debate. The shape could be a little different just given the music I play, and some people do view it as a little tacky, but then I just start working my magic. Overall, it is a very good guitar, great for beginners and speedheads. The shape fits perfectly for metal players.

This thing shines here too! The body is very sturdy and durable in case you get metal fever and try to pull a Paul Stanley (see what I did there) and break the neck off, throwing it into the crowd. Actually, I can't say that, be cause he uses this very guitar at concerts and succeeds in doing so. Again, the strings do come untuned (at least on mine) fairly quickly if your playing enough and hard enough, but you can get the tuners tightened.

When I recieved mine, there were no dinks or scratches what'soever. After I tuned up the strings, I was ready to go. The pickups were all in place, with no little imperfections. The bridge and neck were all properly attached, no complaints here. Again, I must fret a little about the tuners being lose, thought I don't know if it is just my model or if they are usually like that, but it is something that must be noted.

Firstly, I must say this is my first (and only) electric guitar, but it still suits my needs. 22 Frets and great Duncan pickups establish a very clean sound, unless of course it's distorted. A Tune-o-Matic bridge is also very nice. The maple neck is very much like a flat-top acoustic, with very accesible frets and great for beginners. 3 way selector gives some options (though not 5 like a Strat). My only complaint being there are 2 knobs (one volume and one tone), but that's dismissed rather quickly. Also, on mine, the low E and A strings come untuned fairly quickly, then again, I am going to have all of the tuners tightened a little soon. No gripes.

towdude2001
    I juust bought the exact same guitar as the one pictured above for 15.00 u.s. Gotta love an idiot!