Paul Stanley Apocalypse Special review by Silvertone

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Silvertone: Paul Stanley Apocalypse Special

Purchased from: Sam Goodys

The sound is very good for the price. Really quiet in the background. The pickups aren't so good for thrash and nu-metal, or country for that matter. But the over all sound is good. I'm running it through 2 Boss pedals and a wah pedal, along with Fender amps. The sound is very bright, but not enough crunch for me. The variety of sounds is basically around 3 different main sounds.

I play mostly melodic death metal and this guitar really doesn't cut it for me. For the price, its pretty good. Other than that, I really couldn't use it for much else. I've been playing for 3 and a half years now and I have 2 other guitars about the same quality as this one, but I don't have the money for a really nice one. I would not buy this guitar again if it was stolen, I'd just simply buy a new one. I love the way it looks, and sounds, but it's just not quality. I'd probably go with a Jackson or ESP over this. I also wish it had another volume or tone knob or something. Simply not enough things are worth it unless you just want to play this guitar at home.

I would not use this guitar at a live show at all. The neck is so heavy as soon as you let go of it, the guitar neck plunges straight to the ground. The hardware would last a long time, but the guitar is just simply too neck heavy to be played while standing up. I would only use this as a back up guitar, or at home practice guitar. Also, sitting and playing with this guitar is a nightmare because of the shape. It hurts your legs and if you stand it's bulky too.

The guitar was set up pretty poorly when I got it. The action was very high, so I had to lower it. I also had to lower the bridge pickup and raise the neck pickup. The volume control came loose after a year of having it too, but easily fixed. Everything else was fine.

The features are pretty good for the price. - 22 XJ fretboard - Laminated top - 2 passive humbuckers - 1 tone and 1 volume - Bolt-on neck - Grover Tuners.

acefrehley
    dude this is a KISS guitar, whyd you get it if you play death metal, thats like opposite KISS completely
    liam177lewis
    yourlastafront has an emo name... lets all judge him on that... nice review - kiss forever
    Ierius
    it's got good looks, and ace frehley used it so yeah, kiss forever xD
    Ierius
    sorry for the mistake XDDD it was PAUL STANLEY not ace xD that was stupid...
    68_SG
    dude red is right silverstone are worthless second of all now you own it, if you like the body and the neck just change the electronics i preffer gibson or dimarzio pick ups... its basicly your choice... you'll get good stuff for less big ones than esp or jackson guitars one more thing for the neck... i own a 68 gibson sg and the guitar is pretty hard to get ballanced if the strap isnt instaled on the start of the neck you should try that
    johnnyj2
    i just bought one for $100 new for the price it is the best guitiar ive ever played
    Rad_Sauce, yo
    My dad gave me this model for my first guitar. It's great for beginners.. but now that I've been playing for a bit I'm keen to get a better guitar. I've really been looking into the Jackson Randy Rhoads, and I'm quite certain I want one. and as the review said..it's extremely uncomfortable to play standing.
    jcprescott
    i had this guitar as my first guitar. As it says very annoying to play standing up and sitting down but the sound is not that bad
    BRONZES BIRD
    The strat style silvertones are worthless, this silvertone is awesome if you have the right pedal and the right amp this guitars tone is very impressive I bought mine for $180 and I played it on a ELECTRO HARMONIX METAL MUFF AND A MARSHALL AMP NO PROBLEM AT ALL AND HAVE I NO PROBLEM WITH COMFORT ON THIS GUITAR I'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR 2 YEARS.
    DarkValo666
    I have a guitar that looks exactly like this one, but it's neither a Silvertone nor a Paul Stanley signature, but a Dimavery PS-522. And mine is quite crappy