Paul Stanley Sovereign Special review by Silvertone

Silvertone: Paul Stanley Sovereign Special

Purchased from: Music123.com

It sounds great for its price! The bridge pickup gives off an incredible straight up wake-your-grandma sound but when the tone is turned all the way up you get a little added noise but its not a big deal. The bridge pickup is great for playing those Hendrix songs as it almost sounds like a Strat. Having them both switched on is nothing special but its nice.

This was the first electric guitar I ever bought and I was not educated on guitars at all! I simply picked out this guitar because it had the name KISS. I guess I just got lucky as this guitar is incredible for the price. As of right now I've been playing guitar for a year and own a Gibson '61 Reissue along with this guitar. I plug into a Rocktron Rampage 520DSP which is the best amp ever! If I were you and I was thinking about getting this guitar... I would probably try it with a strap first just to make sure your arms are long enough to play it standing up.

The finish is great! It will never wear off. I also feel like i could slam this guitar into a building and it would not even have a scratch. I would not use this guitar for playing live though because of the balance problem. The strap buttons are kinda small but nothing to worry about with a good strap.

The strings buzzed a bit when I first got it and the higher strings gave off a twangy sound at the first few frets. Doesn't bother me when it's plugged in though. The tuner for the G-string is a bit loose and twists easily so I don't suggest laying this guitar down... just set it on a stand. The ring around the pick-up selecter unscrews easily but again... not a big deal. The finish is wonderful and fingerprints go unnoticed. My one major complaint about this guitar is the balance. This thing is impossible to play standing up!!! It's also very heavy as well, but not as heavy as a Les Paul.

This guitar is one of the best looking guitars I've ever seen. It has a small but beautiful mirrored pickguard. It has a chrome tailpiece with a star cutout and Paul Stanley's signature engraved. It has a nice looking, mirrored tremelo guard and chrome knobs and tuners. It has a maple neck with a rosewood finger board. 22 frets (24 3/4"). It has three knobs (two volume, one tone) and a three-way pickup selector.