Paul Stanley Sovereign Special review by Silvertone

Silvertone: Paul Stanley Sovereign Special

Purchased from: Internet

I play classic rock, and some acoustic/electric soft rock, and this guitar fits both styles. I can say that I prefer this guitar's tone without a touch of gain. I use it with a Marshall 100HDFX stack.

I've been playing for 4 years, and I also own an Epiphone Slasher, Squire Strat that I junk with, and an Ovation Celebrity. This guitar is probably the 2nd best electric guitar I own behind the Epiphone. Like I said, the Position of the strap buttons sucks, so you'll probably want to drop it right away, but dont. I would suggest buying yourself a set of strap locks, but thats it.

I haven't preformed with this guitar, but I can tell that it'll take a beating. I hate the positions of the strap buttons. Maybe it'll just take some getting used to, I have no idea. The finish doesn't wear at all. I don't think I would use it without a back up, just for the fact that nothing bad hasn't happened to this guitar yet, and something usually does with most 200 dollar guitars.

This guitar worked very well straight from the factory, the only problem being the tone knob was very loose.

This guitar has 21 frets, with a Rosewood Neck. It has a sweet black, glittery finish, and the body style is unique. It has two volume controls and a tone control. The pickguard is mirrored and shows fingerprints easily.