Paul Stanley Sovereign Special review by Silvertone

Silvertone: Paul Stanley Sovereign Special

Purchased from: somewhere in England

I play all kinds of music from soft rock and light struming to heavy metal (i.e. Kiss, Iron Maiden my fav. kinda music). This guiatr suits this kinda music range bettter than any other guitar I've played in that price range. In my opinion it's sounds better than the Squiers, it has a fuller, richer an clearer sound. With much more flexibility. I normaly use just a 15 watt Marshall MG, the guiatar sound great on this. But I've tried on a 100 watt amp and it sounds amazing.

This guitar is deffiantly the best guitar in this price range that I've played. It suits all music that I play, it sounds great on clean, on overdrive it still delivers great tone and sound quality. Solos on this guitar sound great as well. I've only been playing for about a year, if I lost this guitar, then (after I slaughtered whoever was responsible, even myself) I would deffiantly get this guitar again. When I bought this guitar, I compared to the Squire range and this guitar was so much better than the (in my opinion) over-rated Squiers. Also it had a bit of competition with the Ibanez GAX series, but they did not look as good. The only problem with it is the weight! it is much heavier than any guitar I've played, (not helpful when your standing up with a bad quality strap digging the catch on my necklace into my neck waiting for them to fix the damn xmas lights). This is the best guiatr for any begginer to intermediate player for all kinds of music, designed by a great man.

I'm only 13 so the only live thing I've ever done is "The Turning On Of The Xmas Lights" (how pathetic does that sound). And playing "Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer" isn't too demanding for most guitars. The finish is superb, the hardware is great quality, although I would have a backup if I was doing a gig, but thats only 'cause I'm a really paranoid person like that.

When I got this guitar, there was nothing wrong whatsoever! There was nothing that needed to be changed, not a single scratch. The finish hasn't worn at all in the past year I've had it. It didn't even make a single mark when it fell 4 foot from a hanging stand on to a solid floor, then keeled over and into a wardrobe.

I got this guitar, a Marshall MG series amp, gig bag, strap etc for just 250, a huge saving as the amp is worth at least 100, and RRP for the guitar was 200-250 (first hand). It has 2 high output humbucker pickups, small but great, looking mirrored scratch plate and a rosewood fretboard with 22 frets.

68_SG
    the amp makes you sound good let go the guitar, test run a gibson and you'll kill yours