Paul Stanley Sovereign Special review by Silvertone

Silvertone: Paul Stanley Sovereign Special

Purchased from: Private Seller

I'm not really sure who makes PSX pickups, but they sound pretty decent. They can handle an assortment of tunings, so I've made this my Drop B guitar, and it suits it well givin the price of the instrument. I wouldn't mind it being a little brighter though, but its fine. You're definitely not going to use this for anything other than hard rock or metal.

I play hard rock and heavy metal. This guitar fits the category. I own a Paul Stanley Washburn, a Flying V, a Custom Applause GTX23. This guitar is my second fav. I wish those buttons werent so awkward, but other than that, it's a great guitar, especially for the low price. I want another one that I can customize, because I really dig the shape and finish alot.

the tuners are pretty decent. They'll last a song or two. The tone knob was slightly loose aand is now extremely loose, and the input jack comes loose once in a while too. You can fix the jack, but the chrome dom knobs don't come off at all, so you can't really tighten it back on without a thin wrench. The strap buttons are very wide. So, they don't really need locks, but they're poorly positioned, one on the top cutaway, and the other on the lower back of the guitar. It doesnt't balance well. This guitar is honestly the backup guitar, but I've depended on it to make it my primary drop b guitar.

From the factory, it was brand new. Never opened. It was set up pretty good. I've never had to adjust it. Pickups are at the right level. The finish was great. It's a unique sparkly black. I've never seen another guitar with this finish. It sort of chips easily though in some spots like the angles. Strap buttons are poorly positioned. The neck meets the body at the 19th fret. So its a reach to the first few ones when you play standing up, but you can also play the highest notes easily and comfortably.

Another one of my Paul Stanley guitars. It was a factory second, so it's stamped "Used" on the headstock. It's pretty basic: -its body is sort of an asymmetrical SG with sharper horns and a pointed tail. -22 fret rosewood fretboard. -3x3 Chrome die-cast tuners. -2 Covered PSX high-output humbucker pickups. -2 volume, 1 tone with chrome dome knobs -3 way Switch [black]. -24 3/4" neck scale. -mirror pickgaurd/truss rod cover. -custom star tailpiece w/ paul's signature engraved