Rockit 21 review by Silvertone

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Silvertone: Rockit 21

Purchased from: ZZounds.com

Well I bought this guitar mainly because it looked cool and I didn't have any money or time or any experience on guitar or how to buy them. So I just bought what looked cool to me online that I could afford. Bad idea. So when I first got this guitar I was very excited to play it, it went ok for the first few weeks. But then I got really into it and progressed and found directions to the nearest Guitar Center and started going often playing guitars. Then I got together with other people I knew who played and played their guitars. And I noticed mine just for me, I was more comfortable with any other guitar but mine. First off, this guitar has a very "dirty" sound as I call it. Since when I first got it, it constinely buzzes and just sounds soo dirty when I play any kinda chord. I mostly play classic rock, soft rock, some metal and the occational blues and punk. Now if your a simple rhythm power chord kinda guy this is the guitar for you. It's good for punk and simple stuff that requires a very distorted and "dirty" sound.

Well as I said, if you're into punk and simple rhythm riffs and don't have alot of money to get a regular SG. This is the guitar for you. I wouldn't recommend it for begginers either, it'd rather start off with a squire Strat package or that Epiphone les paul special package. Before I only played rhythm but I progressed really quickly and my style has changed. I'm still a rhythm player but I'm also doing some melody and solo stuff nowadays and this guitar aint cutting it. I've been playing for about a year now but again I progressed really quickly and this is the only guitar (besides a mini acoustic) I have to jam with. I'm planning to sell this pos soon and buy a Strat, so if your a serious musican that wants to progress and be serious with your music. Don't buy this guitar! But if you just wanna play simple stuff just to mess around and don't got alot money to your name. Then get this.

Well as I said the tuners are really loose and go out of tune. And the knobs came off easily and went crazy. But besides that it can stand my thrashing pretty well only a few knicks and bumbs. I mean it's ok it doesn't rust or get dusty to easy. So that's ok.

The guitar was pretty well contructed but it looks like they missed a few minor deatails. Like the tuners are really sensative and go out of tune really quickly, and the knobs came off mine like without any effort. But besides that everything was perfect.

- 22 frets (24-3/4 in. scale) - Solid top - Mahogany neck w/ rosewood fretboard - Bolt-On neck - Ebony or wine red finish - SG style body (deep double cutaway) - Tune-o-matic bridge style - Passive electronics - 3-way control; Two Volume, Two Tones - Two humbucking pickups - Chrome die-cast tuners