Rockit 21 review by Silvertone

• Reviewer's score: 5.4 Decent
Silvertone: Rockit 21

Purchased from: My Local Music Store

I play more on the metal side, but I also tend to play hard rock, to thrash and heavy metal (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Children of Bodom, more like that kind of stuff) This guitar with the amp that came with it sounded pretty decent but I later just bought a Boss ml-2... The guitar is VERY VERY VERY noisy even when the volume on the amp on like 3 or 4. It has a good sound for blues thought and has good clean sound, but sounds like theres a bit "hair" on the pickups (has a little distorted sound). This guitar doesn't have a good variety through the amp it came with because it only has a bass and a treble control and no mid, which was a frowner for me.

This guitar was an ok match for me, its usually good for the classic rock and modern rock. I've been playing for 2 years and counting, I also own an ESP LTD F-350 and I'm planning to get a Gibson Les Paul Studio or stick with ESP and get an ESP LTD KH-602. There are many MANY things I would like better in this guitar, no offense to Silvertone but this guitar is not good for even a beginner. If it was stolen/lost, I would just play my ESP until I get my other guitar. The guitar at least has a decent enough sound, with no mids. My only favorite feature is the double deep cutaway which is good for the frets in the 20's.

I barely play in live gigs but I can tell you this, this is ok for live gigs. The hardware will seem to last a while. The strap buttons are another problem, the strap locks are always lose. I would never use it in a gig without a backup. The finish won't wear for a while unless you drop it often.

The action was EXTREMELY high when I bought this guitar with absolutely no freakin idea about guitars. The pickups were adjusted ok in my opinion. The bridge and stoptail were properly routed, but I found out that the nut was 1/5th of a centimeter out of place so I later fixed that. The fretwire was crap... my top e string kept getting caught under the fret which was a big pain for me. This guitar's major flaw was the tuning, the guitar won't stay in tune, moving the tuning peg not even a little bit, changes the tuning a whole way around. The guitar's other flaws are so much I might need another post... The pickup selector often made noise when plugged into the amp, the volume knobs fall off very often and had to get a professional to get it to stay there. The saddles on the bridge can't even hold a 0.50 gauge low e string, the nut was poorly cut, I kept getting pinging sounds everywhere. This guitar is NOT and I mean NOT! Durable in any way, one small hit and bam! You have a dent, I dropped a guitar lightly, and the paint just fell off like glass, showing the bare wood.

*I have no idea when this guitar was made *The guitar has 22 frets, the neck is in between fat and thin but more on the thin side *The bridge I believe is a stoptail *Passive Electronics *It has 2 volume and 2 tone and a 3 way selector like on a Gibson Les Paul *2 Humbucking pickups *Non Locking Tuners *Included everything you need to start guitar *Amp: Silvertone Smart 3's *Double Deep Cutaway