SS11 Revolver review by Silvertone

Silvertone: SS11 Revolver

Purchased from: Oceanside Music Supply

I really love this guitar. The only complaint is the single coil pickups. Other than that the guitar has great tone. It has really suited my needs as far as my music playing and style goes. I play heavy metal mostly and classic heavy metal every now and then with it. I play out of a crate full stack usually with a Boss DS-1 and a boss flanger and everyonce and a while some overdrive and chorus. I am a back pickup player so I am not really switching my selector too often and I am actually planning on disconnecting the neck pickup.

I play music much like that of many of the NWOAHM (new wave of american heavy metal) bands. For me this guitar works.

I have played this guitar many of times at gigs with no backup guitars. It is pretty much my main guitar for gigs. Ill Switch guitars if I'm playing something in normal tuning but other than that the Silvertone is my favorite guitar. Everthing on it is really solid and has lasted a while without any replacing of anything.

The guitar came perfect from the factory. I have really no complaints except the pickups catch other frequencies.

My Silvertone was made in 2002 and in Japan. It has 22 medium frets. It is laminated top. It has a maple body and neck. Has a satin finish and is a Strat styled body. It has a floyd rose tremolo and active elctronics. It has two tone knobs and one volume knob. It has a five way selector with some single coil pick-ups.