SS11 Revolver review by Silvertone

• Reviewer's score: 3.5 Poor
Silvertone: SS11 Revolver

Purchased from: Music World

I play just about every type of music possible except for punk ('cause it sucks) and classical ('cause it's hard and I can't be bothered to learn to read guitar music). I really didn't like the sound of this guitar too much. The pickups were weak and extremely noisy. The tonal difference between the pickups were fairly good, with twangy sounds coming out of the bridge pickup and fat jazzy tones from the neck up they could have been so much better. I like the sound of Squire Strats better and I don't even like Strats.

I got this guitar before I knew what guitars were and now I'm sad. Don't get it. There's plenty of starter kits out there that are much better and have better things in them. The only thing I really like about this kit was the strap I got with it. I also own a Jackson JS30 Kelly which is so much better and I'm saving up for an Ibanez S540EX. I only own the amp I got with the kit and I admit that the distortion was alright but there wasn't enough tonal difference in it. This guitar has bad pickups, a bad neck (which only had 21 frets which sucks when you're soloing out) and a shocking bridge. I would not go and buy another one if this got stolen 'cause I'd be laughing at the guy who took it. Don't get this guitar.

The guitar I own has had a few bad bumps but the finish is still clean and clear so it seems solid enough but I doubt that it'll last. I've only had the guitar for about 8 months. I wouldn't use this guitar at a gig just because the crappy sound I get out of it.

The action of this guitar was way to high and when I adjusted it even a little it started to buzz. It sucks when you try to play a solo and you get that noise from when the string hits the fretboard. The finish wasn't too bad though. Just plain black with a white fretboard.