SS11 Revolver review by Silvertone

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Silvertone: SS11 Revolver

Purchased from: Hastings Entertainment

This guitar does okay for my style of music, and I play a lot of heavier metal. With a light amount of distortion (or the nob just set to zero with the distortion on) the guitar has a good crunchy, clear tone to it. However if you put distortion any higher, the pickups start to make it sound like crap. Not good at all with no distortion. Also, set on high volume, the pick ups are very sensitive and tend to pick up other devices such as monitors and things like that. Also, when sliding with the amp on it sounds terrible for some reason, and it's not my playing.

For what my skills were when I bought the guitar I thought it was a very good buy. Six months later however I would only recommend this to guitars that do not play live, and those only beginning to play. If it were stolen or lost I would still be upset just because it's currently my only guitar, but I wouldn't go out and buy the same model again. The one thing I love about this guitar is the fretboard, which is nice and easy to play on.

I wouldn't recommend this guitar for live playing. The standard nut that came with it snapped on me one day and I wasn't even playing that hard. Took 50 dollars to replace. However this is a good beginners guitar, and it is a good practice and maybe backup guitar. The strap buttons are quite solid, however the the strap that came with it is quite bad.

The guitar was set up quite well from the factory, and the action was set perfectly. The pickups were adjusted half way to the strings, 3 down, evenly spaced, with the bridge pick up slanted. The guitar never had any finish flaws, and even after playing with it for a good six months now the finish looks quite good. Barely any small scratches at all.

Features a Maple fretboard, 3 single coiled pick ups, 5-way selector, 1 volume/2 tone nobs, and 22 frets. Mine personally is a double cutaway, solid body, black finish with a Strat style head. The pickups are passive, and single coil as mentioned before.