SS11 Revolver review by Silvertone

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Silvertone: SS11 Revolver

Purchased from: Wal*Mart

The sound for the most part is great, it can pretty much suit whatever you are playing. Not too heavy, not too soft. Just right. On the downside, though, it has a soft hum when you turn the volume up. Also, it does come untuned fairly quickly. This guitar is awesome for softer songs, and perfect for classical.

Overall, this is a great guitar for beginners. If you don't mind the hardware flaws that may be there, then definitely get this guitar. Come on! Get it! Right now! Go! Sheesh. Perfect for classical, this guitar is. I suggest getting a B.C. Rich or Axl guitar if you want to play metal, though.

This guitar's action is crazy, I literally played until I was bleeding (my finger caught on a string) one time, and this guitar was awesome the entire way through. The knobs and screws are horrible on this guitar, and I recommend getting them replaced or something.

I have had some issues with this 3 year-old guitar now, mainly, almost every screw has come off or became loose at one point, both tone knobs don't work, and the whammy bar is getting really loose. The black finish looks great, although to spruce it up a bit (come on, I am in a rock band after all) I added a few car decals to it (it looks better now).

As my first electric guitar, I didn't know what to expect from the Silvertone Revolver. This is a great first guitar, it features two tone control knobs, a five-way pickup Switch, and a volume knob. It has a nice black finish and the ever-so-classic Stratocaster look. It also comes with a whammy bar, which is great, especially on a cheap guitar. It only has 22 frets though.