SS11 Revolver review by Silvertone

Silvertone: SS11 Revolver

Purchased from: a friend

It suits my style, as I like to play some blues and rock music. after about six months of suffering through the crappy little 10W it came with, I bought a Vox AD30VT 30 watt hybrid amp, which is amazing. The sounds I can get out of my guitar with this amp are incredible. It is pretty quiet (but with the included amp, very noisy) even when cranked on a nice amp it doesn't make a lot of noise. It has a good sharp blues sound to a good overdriven or distorted rock sound. I think it has decent variety.

This guitar suits me perfectly, because I love strats, but right now am just a beginner (been playing for about a year total, but had a year hiatus in between) but with this guitar I have been playing for six months. As I said earlier, I own a Vox AD30VT 30 watt hybrid amp and a footswitch for it. I love this guitar and I can say without a doubt it is the best beginners guitar out there. Solid construction, good sound, low price and classic styling make this one a winner. If it was stolen, I pity the guy Who stole it. The only thing I wish it came with was better tuners.

I have never played Live with it, but it seems very sturdy. I have had no problems, and the guitar is built like a rock. I'm guessing that this guitar could be depended on without a backup. Haven't had any trouble with it what'soever. Very nice finish, It resists scratching very well, but does seem to dent rather easily. Strap buttons are like rocks, no problems there.

I bought it off a friend who had it for a couple of years before I got it and the action was still adjusted almost perfectly. I get a little buzz on the low E string, but it is a simple fix. The pickups are just the right distance from the strings but tend to pick up other things as well, which creates some buzz, but once again, not bad. No flaws came with the guitar, not that I can tell anyway. After a lot of playing however, a couple of the tuners don't adjust very well. They stay in tune just fine, but are awkward to adjust. Could use new tunes. There is also a bit of noise when you change pickup selection and one of the settings puts out no sound at all.

It was made in 2004 possibly in Indonesia and has 21 frets on a rosewood fretboard. It has a nice black finish and is a Strat style guitar. It has a string thru bridge and 3 single coil pickups (like a Strat). The neck pickup, middle and staggered bridge pickup setup. It has one volume and 2 tone control nobs (volume control works well, tone knobs do next to nothing). Non locking tuners I believe as when you use the tremolo (Vintage style floating tremolo) the guitar de-tunes very fast. It came with an awful Smart III's 10W amp with OD and 2 band EQ, a cheap gig bag, strap, picks, tuner, short cable (died on me quickly) and an extra set of 10 gauge strings.

UnitedMisery
    it was my first electric guitar too. after i got my greg bennett interceptor, i gave my revolver to my sister, so it's her first electric guitar too. and yeah, the whammy bar makes the whole guitar out of tune.
    Tiger-Slash
    I own one of these guitars. They are a nice item to have. Twas my first electric, so I'll always have a soft spot for the SS11 Revolver.
    AnEvilWalrus
    I have one of these. It was my first electric guitar. To be honest, this thing is a peice. The strings go out of tune way too easily, the only thing that happens when you try to use the whammy bar is all your strings go completely out of tune, the sound is TERRIBLE, there's a lot of buzz, and everything else about it was just ok. There are FAR better beginner packs out there. This is just another cheap strat ripoff.
    spidermonkey93
    yea i decided to learn how to play, and bought this guitar, it seemed alright, although the 6th string seems to buzz a bit and i think im not putting the whammy bar in right any suggestions on how to put it in right and use it are highly accepted
    JBailey23
    its a great beginner axe. I would venture to say its better than a squeir because (when i still had it) the silvertone played better and lasted longer without any problems compared to the squier. Now some one else is enjoying it...