SS11 Revolver review by Silvertone

Silvertone: SS11 Revolver

Purchased from: A friend

It suits my music style well, I play punk rock and the humbucker gushes tone out of this beautiful Strat. I use my Fender sidekick 10 with it. It's only a little noisy on the single coils (duh, thet're supposed to be). The humbucker is very rich and noiseless. Honestly this guitar sound exactly like a Fender. It's lush, warm and has loads of sustain. This guitar can play any genre from blues to metal.

I play Punk Rock and this is a perfect match. I've been playing for about a year and have owned about a dozen guitars and various amps and effects. If it were stolen, I'd hunt it down and smash the robbers face in. I love every single thing about it. I compared it with Fender and Fender copy strats. It has everything I need and then some.

This guitar will last forever. I use it live with no other guitar within miles and have not care in the world. It came stock with aa neck cushion (rubber/plastic cushion that goes between the guitar body and the neck plate to prevent wear on the finish and relieve pressure from the body) to protect it. The strap buttons are like mushrooms about 3/4 of an inch around and your strap (assuming it's a halfway decent strap) will not come off. The finish resists everything I've put it through, so, I'm not worried.

Everything was perfect when I got it, very well filed fret wire and smooth edges. The selector was a little fuzzy on swithching at first but nothing a little WD-40 didn't fix. It was well set up. I replaced the saddles because they looked a little too rough for the strings but I never had a problem with them while they were on. It was great from the start.

My Silvertone Revolver was made in 2004 in Japan. 21 frets on Rosewood fingerboard and Maple Neck. 25 1/2 inch scale. It has very nice Jumbo frets. I think the body is Alder or Poplar maybe Agathis; I'm not sure. It kinda sounds like my alder Strat so maybe poplar. The neck is rock maple. It has a satin black finish. It has a beautiful Stratocaster style body with a cool looking pickguard. It is a Strat styled string-thru body bridge with whammy bar. Passive electronics. The controls are just like any Strat: 1 volume, 2 tone and an extremely smooth and quiet 5-way selector switch. The original pickup configuration was 3 high output single-coil pickups; My configuration is a full-sized humbucker pickup in the bridge position (I cut a bigger hole)and the two original single coils in the neck and mid positions. The tuners are stock non-locking tuners and they work great. I probably won't replace them.

ruletheneck
    i'd been playing for about 8 months when we got this guitar (my dad wanted another electric in the house so that we could play together). we got it second hand from my dad's mate's daughter and it plays damn well for a cheap beginner guitar (relative to a yamaha pacifica). the whammy bar does knock the whole thing out of tune, only 21 frets is a bit disappointing at first and the cheap single-coils are pretty noisy, but overall it has a great feel to it and it seems to last forever (i've been messing with the action, bridge springs and whatnot and it still hasn't died). the amp that we got with it was blown out though: that is, clean is gain and gain is GAINER! it's brilliant! funny story, actually, i unplugged the guitar with the amp on gain and it picked up an AM radio signal either way, with a change of pickups and tuners it's a great guitar