XP1 Standard review by Slammer

Slammer: XP1 Standard

Purchased from: eBay

The guitar sounds awesome with my Marshall MG15DFX amp and Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal. I can play anything from thrash metal, glam metal, '70s arena rock and anything in between. It has a dark full sound.

I play mainly '80s metal and '70s rock and its a great for it. I've been playing for about 3 months now and if I lost or had this guitar stolen I'd probably first push for a Gibson or Epiphone Explorer but would easily go back to this after those didn't work out.

This guitar can definitly withstand live playing. the only problems is that the strap button nearest to the neck lets go of the strap ocasionally but I have yet to drop the guitar. The finish seems pretty good - I hit my guitar up against a door by accendent and it scratched the finish but it isnt really noticible. Be carefull!

The guitar was set up great at the factory and the pickups worked awesome. The guitar came with no flaws and the red finish on mine looks awesome. I can see my self in it.

My guitar was made in 2004 in Indonesia. It has 22 frets and a thin neck for fast action. I'm not sure what kind of wood it's made of but the body is solid wood and I can guess that the neck is rosewood. It is an Explorer style - very sexy looking and it has a Tune-O-Matic bridge. You get 2 volume controls, a tone control and a treble Switch and it has 2 sets of 2 humbucking pickups. I didn't expect much from the company because its a cheaper Hamer but its very good.