XP1 Standard review by Slammer

Slammer: XP1 Standard

Purchased from: eBay

This guitar is great for '80s metal. I play thrash metal and british-heavy metal and this guitar is a good one for that. It can give off a bright sound or a dark bossy sound so it has some good variety. It buzzes alot if you let it be and feedback is enevitable when at high volume even when it's on clean. Also, when you tap on the high E-string the sound kind of fades sometimes so you have to tap really hard. This guitar gives off some pretty extreme screams and the bends you can do on this guitar are pretty impressive.

I play thrash metal and heavy metal and this guitar is a good match. I've been playing for 4 years and this guitar is my favourite of all of them. I wish this guitar had a wammy bar but I'll install that later. If it were stolen or lost I would die! And then I would buy a new one. My favourite feature of this guitar is how easy it is to play. I don't love the fact that the tapping fades on the high E string but it's all good.

This guitar could definately withstand live playing. The only setback for it is that the strap comes off every now and again. But it's not enough to worry just get a strap block. I can depend on this guitar, but I would bring a backup in case I broke a string.

When I first got this guitar it was my first so I had not alot to compare it to next to my acoustic. But now that I've played a few other guitars (mostly ones like Squire and stuff). I can say that this guitar handles better than most of the other ones I've tried out. Mostly I like the neck size and the shape the most. When I got it the guitar had no flaws except there was a few scratches on the body because I got it used but they buffed right out.

My model was 2004 model built in Indonesia. It has 22 frets and a thin neck so I can move around it fairly fast. I'm lovin' the Explorer style body (fits my metal style) and the red finish is really good. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge and twin pickups. I got a gig bag with it, and a wammy bar (but there wasnt a place to put it).