XP1 Standard review by Slammer

Slammer: XP1 Standard

I play mostly Metallica, and I dabble in a few other styles of rock and metal. This guitar is pretty versatile when it comes to what you can play with it. I have a GNX4 guitar processor and I run a Peavy Bandit 112 and a Marshall MG50DFX into the GNX4's stereo inputs. The Explorer is pretty suiting for what I play.

This guitar is a perfect match to my style. I've been playing for seven years, and I have too much crap to list it all. If it were stolen, I'd kill whomever stole it. I love the balance the guitar has. I like the pickups and the skulls and the body style. I compared it to the Jackson 'Kelly', and Gibson, Epiphone, and ESP Explorers, but this was the most playable and affordable of them all. I wish it had 24 frets, but I'm not in dire need of that. This is one guitar that proves quality isn't about what name is on the guitar.

It was set up very well indeed. My guitar tech and I both tried pretty damn hard to find something wrong with this guitar, and neither of us could. Way to go, Hamer.