XP1 Standard review by Slammer

• Reviewer's score: 1.8 Junky
Slammer: XP1 Standard

Purchased from: Discount Music

I don't even know that it has a style, "beginning guitarist who didn't know he was getting ripped off" style. It gets a lot of feedback and times too, especially when you have it set on bride pickups. I can only get harmonics on half the pickup settings, I thought that was normal until I played my friend's guitar.

I play from blues to hardcore rock, this guitar isn't good for anything. I've been playing for almost a year, I use a $300 dollar amp and a grunge pedal. I have also used this guitar with other equipment though, and was still dissapointed. I wished I wasn't so dumb when I bought this guitar, if I was smart, I would have gotten anything else. If this guitar was stolen/lost, I would not buy it again, I would get something else. Come to think about it, I hope this guitar gets stolen.

This guitar will definitely not withstand live playing. The hardware seems pretty low quality. The strap buttons suck as well. I would never use this guitar at a gig. Never. Once I was playing and this washer and nut just popped off and it took me 20 minutes to get it back in and tightened.

The pickups suck and the guitar comes out of tune a ton. Every time I pick it up I basically have to tune it. 3 of my friends, on their guitars, don't nearly have to tune their guitar as much as me. If you buy this guitar you are going to regret it.

This guitar has 21 frets. The neck feels really crappy compared to my friend's guitar. The guitar I bought is candy red, but you can also get black and sunburst. This guitar pretty much sucks. I got ripped off badly from Discount Music, the guy who works there is a total jerk. Once my friend went in there to get his strings changed (when he was a newbie and didn't know how to do it himself) and it took the guy 1 hour. So with that said, this guitar purchased somewhere else may be better, because it is possible the guy mingled with it. Besides that, this guitar sucks pretty badly, and its components suck.

motleysixx666
    this guitar kicks ass for the price. i got one on ebay for 180 bucks and its a screamer. you might want to change the pick ups and tuners but it would be worth the extra money to make it sound like a gibson for a fraction of the price
    1201ZJ wrote: It looks exactly the same as an explorer, and from what these guys are saying, it might be pretty vlose in quality.
    BigTank
    I had this guitar and it was complete garbage. The pickups sounded terrible, and they would scream a high pitched unbearable sound when I took my fingers off the strings no matter how far away from the amp I was. Then after like 2 weeks the tone knob stopped working. And just for good measure, it's like the heaviest guitar ever. Do not buy it.
    danvwman
    I know this is old but BIGTANK sound like BIGDUMMIE. Could the noise problem could have been caused by the tone knob issue??? Bet it was. Also heavy wood = monster sustain. When I am looking at guitars thats one of the first things I notice. If it is way too light the tone coming out of it will be light also. So if you drop tune heavy guitar is better.
    OneTimeReview
    No....it's not...not even close.
    Bob_Sagget
    I like ho all of these ppl except one that are writing reviews havn't played more than a year. I've been playing for about three years and they're alright if your going for the explorer style but I mean seriously there is a lot better guitars for about the same price. (Xavier)
    1201ZJ