SNEG064 review by Sonor

Sonor: SNEG064

Purchased from: eBay

Tried most music styles with it and usually run into a Marshall MG15 for practice or Fender Frontman 212R, with a GNX4 effects pedal. The sound is bright and much better than some other models I have heard, very much what you would expect from an original Fender.

I did not buy this guitar for any particular playing style just wanted one to add to my collection, and found that I enjoyed playing it. If it were stolen I would get another as it would not break the bank like an original would have. I have been playing for many years and believe this guitar could perform better than me. I might keep an eye out for some other Sonor branded guitars in the future as the quality seems really good for the price I paid.

Have played this guitar live and it has performed well, would I gig without a backup, well I would have to say no because I always have a backup what ever I play. I believe this guitar will last but at the price I paid I might just trade it in for a different colour or collect a complete colour set.

Have no problem with the finish and everything was adjusted correctly, not sure if it was like this from the factory as I guy I bought it from said that they inspect and adjust every guitar they get shipped over. So as I recieved it I would have to say that there were no problems I could find.

Bought new so made in 2011, branded Sonor which is a German company which makes drums, but was made at their factory in China, the company is also known as Jinan Xuqiu Musical Instrument Company Ltd. They also make REM guitars, so you tell them the name and they put it on so they might also make other well known brands. - Body is solid Paulownia hardwood. - Neck Maple. - Fingerboard Maple. - Finish Natural. - Apart from that it looks like a standard Fender Telecaster.

rv_phoenix
    Well, you've played it through such lousy amps, it's hard to believe anything you say about its sound... But the rest of the review is very accurate. Maybe the mark is a bit overrated (7,6 would be more the rating of a Squier Affinity Tele than of a mass-produced Chinese copy). Btw, Sonor makes great drums - check AC/DC's "Back In Black" - , and this Tele has a peculiar mini-humbucker in bridge position, rather than the usual Tele "lipstick" pup.
    shecter guy
    Agreed about the amp thing. Didn't mention anything about sharp fret edges or it going ridiculously out of tune though so might be nice for a cheap guitar. I believe you mean the mini humbucker is in the neck though, not the bridge
    moodymuppet
    Shecter guy, you are correct that it has a mini humbucker in the neck and not the standard lipstick, but I do not see this as a bad thing, I did not mention sharp fret edges as it did not have any but this could have been down to the guy importing them making sure things were all good. It also stays in tune so no problem there. As for the Amps I use for practice being poor I would have to say that they are not that bad for the money I spent, when I gig it is usually through a PA system and I just use my 2 fender Amps as monitors out of a mixing unit. My score might of been a little high seeing that people seem to rate chinese import low but that is only when they know its a chinese import, if I had said it was a new line from Sonor Germany people would rate it as a BMW or Mercedes.
    moodymuppet
    Checking through all the various Fender Telecaster configurations this guitar is a copy of the Fender Vintage Hot Rod 52 Tele.