SNLP001 review by Sonor

Sonor: SNLP001

Purchased from: eBay

I also have a Rockburn LP which I stopped playing as the sound was really dead, this guitar is a great improvement with the sound really bright, have no idea what make the pickups are but would like some of the same to fit into the Rockburn. The Sonor is also much lighter than the Rockburn which is nice, this is due to the body being a little thinner than the Rockburn. Sound really good through my cheap Belcat OVD-502 into a Marshall amp.

I play many different styles of music and usually I select the right guitar for the sound I want. It was so cheap I am sure I would replace it if it were stolen and I might get some other types from this guy if he imports other styles in the future. There is nothing outstanding about this guitar apart from the sound which I love.

I have only had the guitar for a week and have not played live with it yet, I do play the Telecaster I bought but usually still rely on my Ibanez. I think I would gig with the Les Paul but I always have a backup as I have often seen gigs come to an end because of equipment failure.

I sent the guy that imports them an email asking about the finish as there are no sharp edges at all, the neck is really smooth, and everything seems to be set up just right for my playing style. He told me that he takes the time to sort out all of the little problems until he is happy with the way it plays, so he sets them up for his playing style. I did notice a few minor blemishes in the paint finish but for the price I paid I am really happy with it.

New 2012 made by Sonor (China), Basswood body, Maple neck and Rosewood fingerboard. Standard Les Paul layout with 2 open humbuckers and 3 way switch. Came with lead, allen keys and a strap, the lead and strap are not great quality but will do to start you off. Bought a Sonor Hot Rod 52 Telecaster (SNEG064) from the same guy a little while ago so thought I would try one of these. The finish is Cherry Burst.

jinsu2301
    faceestrella wrote: Why is the picture a strat?
    because the SNEG-088 is a strat \_(ツ_/. I guess this one here is actually an SNEG-038 but I'm not sure.
    moodymuppet
    I posted this review some time ago now and never checked to see what had actually been posted, maybe the wrong picture was posted at first but it is correct now. The model is correct at SNLP001 as I have checked on the SONOR website. I do also have a SONOR superstrat SNEG057 and Telecaster Hot Rod 52 SNEG064 so it could be that I sent in the wrong picture which has now been corrected. Just bought another telecaster by AFQ which I might review soon.