'51 review by Squier

Squier: '51

Purchased from: Some dude

I play metal, check my profile. I like to play Avenged Sevenfold, System Of A Down, Iron Maiden etc. It suits heavy music very well although it does not look like a heavy metal guitar. That's cool thing about it. I use a Behringer Ultra Metal pedal and a Rouge 40w 2x8 combo, which by the way is a steal of an amp for the price $99. I also use a Boss Metal Zone and a Fender Frontman 25R modded amp. Sounds great, nice and tight for metal and the bridge is easy to mute pick on.

I play metal. I have been playing for years and years. I only wish that I found out about these sooner. I own 7 other guitars from Gibson SG Faded, Warlock Revenge, Dean Evo Nior, Fender Lead 1 and more. These two '51 guitars are my main guitars now, I am selling 4 of my guitars right now, these 2 will do. I tuned one in standard and the other in drop C. I love these these axes!

This guitar can withstand a nuclear holocaust. It can withstand live playing,no question. Squire hit a home run with this guitar. Everything is pure quality.

I bought both of mine used but, I suspect one of them was NEVER set up. The guy that I bought it from obviously was inexperienced. He thought that the guitar was just a piece of junk when, all it needed was a set up. I did the set up myself, learned from YouTube videos. I can't find a single flaw on these guitars, they are gems. I own 2 of these because I traded a guitar for one of them just to try it out. I liked it soo much that I went out and bought another one.

Ok this guitar is loaded with sonic possibilities. I own 2 of these and both are modded, one heavily the other slightly. The tuners are excellent, the hardware is solid all together, it is a very very well balanced guitar. I used a cheap nylon strap and the '51 did not budge.The neck is beyond sweet. 21 frets, great for me because I don't solo much at all. The guitar feels like a $1000 Fender, no question.

TeleCam1990
    rv_phoenix wrote: The newly added review, submitted by METAL JEFF, throws straight 10s to a Squier, after playing it through an amazingly crappy gear: Behringer pedals, Rouge (or Rogue? that would be in another league!) and Fender Frontman amps etc. How can you talk about guitar's sound, when you play it through such garbage? And throw straight 10s, like you were playing the real Fender Pawn Shop whose clone is this Squier, through Mad Professor pedals and a genuine Fender Twin Reverb... Amateurs like to throw 10s as they throw money on crappy equipment.
    This isn't a clone of the Fender Pawn Shop 51. This wasv released first and due to the feedback recieved Fender brought ou a 'proper' one.
    Realityburn
    I'm going to get one of these and mod the hell out of it. New neck, new bridge pickup, new bridge. Basically it will be a different guitar except for the body.
    Blackdogxx
    it is already wired to coil split the humbucker, so you could replace the switch with a 4-way Tele switch and use that 4 position with full or 1/2 humbucker. The neck pickup is Strat type, but you could use a lot of different ones and likely a decent one is an offshore-made Kent Armstrong or a better rated GFS pickup that might be a Tele-neck type or even a lipstick or mini-humbucker in Strat shape. Capacitor change, saddle replacement is cheap. A good starting point for modding, including a well-shot yellowed or light amber poly on the pickguard.
    rv_phoenix
    The newly added review, submitted by METAL JEFF , throws straight 10s to a Squier, after playing it through an amazingly crappy gear: Behringer pedals, Rouge (or Rogue? that would be in another league!) and Fender Frontman amps etc. How can you talk about guitar's sound, when you play it through such garbage? And throw straight 10s, like you were playing the real Fender Pawn Shop whose clone is this Squier, through Mad Professor pedals and a genuine Fender Twin Reverb... Amateurs like to throw 10s as they throw money on crappy equipment.