Affinity Fat Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Fat Strat

Purchased from: Musos Corner

This guitar with the Frontman 15R makes a very nice sound in both clean and drive, and the 15R model amp features reverb and blocks out the "fuzz". This guitar can suit almost any style of music, my style is mostly rock/metal and I think this is a great guitar for beginners or experts alike. Even though it's not the best guitar in the world it is definitely a good guitar to start with.

This guitar is a good match to my style of music, I would prefer something more "metally" for my style like an ESP or B.C. Rich, but this guitar has got great sound, it's easy to play, the action is good, the hum-bucker is good, and it can suit almost any genre/style, I give this guitar a 9/10. If it were stolen I would probably buy something else, because I've had this for over a year and am saving for an ESP, but I would be extremely angry because I play this every day.

I haven't played this guitar on stage or in an immensely open area before, I have had this guitar for over a year, I'm pretty careful with it but I have bumped it quite a few times and I can't see any scratches or dents in it, so I think it is very durable, I haven' had to have anything fixed or changed so I'd say it's very reliable as well. I think I would take it to a gig without a backup, I'm not that paranoid. The finish on my Strat is a Metallic blue colour, which I like because it's shiny (I like shiny things).

I have no problems with the action, it is a great height and I wouldn't lower or heighten it. I have no problems with the pickups or the bridge. The only flaws with this guitar is that the volume knob occasionally gets in the way but that doesn't bother me.

I've been playing electric guitar for over a year now, and the Affinity Fat Strat was my first ever electric, and is currently my only one. I bought the Squire Affinity Fat Strat pack, which contained every accessory I could think of, from a tuner to a cloth. It came with a Fender Frontman 15R amplifier which has a nice clean and distorted tone. This guitar features two single coil pickups and one humbucker pickup.

KLJ88
    I bought this guitar. It's my first one and I never played guitar before buying this one. That being said, from what I have read and experienced with this guitar. It's not that great. The guitar does have some string noise, tone problems and loose bolts. It's still good as a beginners guitar. But you will want to upgrade in 6 months to a year. Rock on.
    krumpinjugger
    i'm looking into getting one of these but i have a few questions: does it come in vintage white? and would it sound any good through my 15 watt bass amp?