Affinity Fat Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Fat Strat

Price paid: C$ 210

Purchased from: Cosmo Music

This is very versatile, I realy think if your looking for your first electric guitar you sohuld and buy this, also if your a beginner it's perfect. You have the single coil pickups nice and perect for that "twangy" sound, Lovely for blues, soft rock, to melodic rock. Then Switch to the humbucking pickups at the bridge for metal, hard rock, and heavily distorted stuff. You can get close to recreating stuff from Guns N' Roses, Beatles, Trivium, NirvanaHale, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones etc. It has pretty nice bright sound which I personally love. Since I play a lot of classic rock I was able to get a lot out of this as it is my first electric guitar.

Personally I like this guitars versatility I got a lot of great sounds from it. I was able to replicate songs if not close enough. I've been playing for around 2 years now, I play it through my Cube 15 and my Vox AD15VT and with my Vox it sounds amazing I've gotten some good Beatles sounds of it beautifully making them come alive for me. If this was ever stolen, I would be very dissappointed it was after all my first guitar but maybe I'll save up for a Fender next time.

I've used this guitar in a coupl gigs now It has held up pretty well and I didn't have backup. One for a Christmas Celebration thing it was awesome same with when I played it at my Grad it was also great. I can depend on it I'm sure I've also bumped it here and there and it's still good. The strap buttons are also ok haven't needed to tighten them. The finish is good has a few scratches but that's it.

The pickups can be fixed a little bit more, considering the bridge pickup sorta slanted after a while. I've had it for a year so far, only a few scratches but you can barely notice it just clean it up a bit and it's looks almost brand new. The pickup selector cna be heard a bit you cna hear the clicking but that doesn't bother me that much. The volume knob can be sorta noisy at aroun 8-10 but it doesn't creat that much noise. Also one mroe thing the input fof the cable gets loose easily but I guess it's commmon. It stays in tune well other than what I have had mentioned this guitar has no flaws.