Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: Third Street Music Marietta, Ohio

My music style is influenced by a wide range of arists. Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Credence Clearwater Revival, ect. This guitar fits most of those. It sounds pretty good. All the pickups play well, none of them have a flat sound. The tone controls can help you eith the richness of the sound. The only thing that I wish I could fix is the hum that it gives off, but the crappy 10 watt amp doesn't help the hum and actually makes it worse. I have found that on better amps it sounds just fine. I like the sound.

This guitar fits me well. I know it isn't the best guitar but for what it cost it was a good deal. I have been playing seriously for a year and a half or so. This was the first electric I got. I like this guitar and will probably use it for a while. I am thinking about upgrades on tuners and pickups so I can make it better, but as it is it is still pretty good. I think it is a very good guitar for beginners to intermediate and even some of the better players. I like my Squier.

My guitar has only had one problem with it, and that was when a wire came loose near the insert slot in the guitar. The pickups still sound good. Strap buttons have never gave me a problem. I can depend on mine. As far as gigging I have only played on a few occasions but during jam sessions with my friends it serves me well. I think the thing would live through a war. This thing is pretty tough.

THe guitar was set up well when I got it. I have had no problems with it. The pickups sounded good, especially for the price that I paid for it. Everything was well routed. No flaws to speak of.

21 medium or so frets frets, 5 way selector, 3 single coil pickups. Mine has a Torino Red finish with a white pickgaurd. The tuners are not the greatest, but mine seem to keep in tune for a decent amount of time.