Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: Foxs Music

The Sqiuer fits in perfectly with my playing style (emo, grunge, punk) and im using it with a Peavey rage amp, (which I also think are cool) The Squier can get a little noisy especially on the neck pickup setting, but overall it gives a rich, bright sound, on clean it produces excellent lively sounds, and on lead it creates some excellent chorus's and makes riffs sound great. I also like the fact that I can play around with this guitar by playing blues and Indie aswell as my other styles, just by flicking the selector Switch.

I've been playing 3 years now, and im still with my Squier, after using guitars such as Ibanez and Epiphone SG's. The Squier is the best value for money I've had in a long time. I use it with distortion and wah pedals, and it still accepts the challenge after all its hard work. If it were stolen i would possibly buy another, but now ive got a job id buy a real Strat or a Mustang. I compared it to the Yamaha pacifica, and an Epiphone and I chose this one. I wish id asked for the guys in the shop to change the pickups to some better suited ones, but the ones on it are excellent for what I use it for, be it jammin on a hot evening in someones garage or jumping around on stage with the amps cranked up to 10. its a great guitar, one that delivers the goods, which is hard to find with such models on the market that are really pants, and a complete waste of time.

Ive played this guitar in over 15 gigs now, and its withstood beer in the pickups, and being thrown into an amp. It has a few scratches and smells like budweiser but it still plays like it did when I bought it! I do believe this guitar is the hardest wearing axe made by Fender. The finish (dark silver fading into lighter silver) is still intact, with only a few scratches and dints. The strap buttons are solid as a rock, and I've not changed them once, but I would recommend strap locks.

I got this guitar brand spanking new, and there were no flaws whatsoever, except the tuners needed a little lubrication. I've had the lead input re-wired though, just because a wire worked loose.

This guitar was made early 2002, in China, and has 22 frets on a rosewood fingerboard. Its got a five way selector Switch with the volume and two tone controls. I have no idea what make the pickups or tuners are, and its also got a string thru body.