Affinity Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: Guitar Center Denver

I play a wide range of music and styles mostly metallica and alternative stuff. The Strat is good but I've played better guitars(PRS). I use a 40 watt amp with multiple effects including a supper shorus, super over Drive, cry baby q zone and a dime cry baby frm hell it makes a guitar with cheep pickups sound better. It get a lot of nasty feedback (BUZZZZING) but the sound isn't bad if you like a high less rich sound. Can't really make alot of sounds has tone nobs and volume but the tone nobs do nothing. It's really not a bad guitar for a beginner.

My overall impression is somewhat pleased it was my first guitar so I didnt exactly know what I was buying when I did disapointed theere was only 21 frets wouldve liked more. It only matches some of the styles I play I've been playing for a bout 5 years now and I own a number of pedals chords tuners and amps as well as guitars if this guitar was stolen I wouldn't buy another squire but maybe the right kind of Fender I compared it to a bc rick warlock but a friend told me they suck so I didn't buy that and it looks like its from hell. I wish it had more equipment and better pickups. If you are looking for a good solid guitar for beginners go ahead and buy it but if you're experienced save some moeny and get a worthy guitar for a gig that will turn heads.

I wouldn't play this guitar live it just doesn't give the right sound unless you have really good pedal configuration and lots of money to blow on a god amp. It's built to last except the strings tend to break alot but its prabably my stylr of playing. The finish dings and chips very easily the strap buttons are very solid and sturdy. I guess I can depend on it but it should only be a backup guitar. I would only use this guitar if I had to on a gig, it's a good practice guitar.

For the most part the factory settup is good from the factroy I screwed around with the pickups to get better sound. Pickups were well adjusted had a long range of adjustion as well. The only real flaws are the pickups are not centerd right onder the strings except the bridge pickup.

Made 2001 in the wonderful CHINA (sarcasm) has 21 frets, laminated top, 3 contols are given (well four with pickut selector) with useless tone nobs and a single volume contol. It has three single coil pickups with a maple/ neck and a satin finish on the high gloss finish on the body not sure the exact name of bridge comes with a whammy bar non locking tuners unknown maker of them though. Rosewood neck only accesorys were some allen renches and a whammy bar.