Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: long-mcquade

This guitar is pretty good for any style and knowing that because I play most styles except country. The effects I have used were some distortion, clean and some echo. The amp is a Fender Frontman 15w. It plays really good once you screw around with the controls.

Pretty much I play all music except country (sorry) and it is perfect with enough fooling around with the controls on the amp. I've been playing for about 6 1/2 years now and it hasn't failed me a bit. If it were stolen I don't know if I would buy it again, but possibly I would buy it again. The thing I like about it, is that it is an easy guitar to play. One thing that is annoying its the nut on the input jack which comes loose the uncommun time. The only thing I wish it had would be some differnet tuners because these ones de-tune a little too often.

I haven't played any actual gigs with this one, so I'm not sure if it would last. The hardware has lasted for about years so it should last for a bit longer. Unlike any other guitar like this, the strap buttons are solid on this one. The finish is okay in a way because it does not wear off.

This guitar was set up pretty well from the factory. The action is pretty good too. The only flaw that came on this one was that some dimples were left on the body in the finish, which I hane no idea how that would happen.

This one is a 2000 or 2001 20th anniversary guitar. I think it was made in Indonesia or China. This one is 21 fretted rosewood neck, with a solid body and laminated top. The body is alder. The finish is a plain satin black. The controls are 2 tones and 1 volume. There are three single coil pickups. I really don't know about the tuners because I haven't looked at them enough. The accesories that came were a gig bag, strap, cable, picks, Fender strings (bullets) a tuner thats and an amp. Thats about it.