Affinity Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 3.6 Poor
Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: friend

I play pretty much anything. It made a weird beeping noise when I put it by the amp I was using. It makes this weird noise sometimes, but I gave the pickup at the bridge a good hit, and it would stop for awhile. The noise would get really bad if you turned the volume up all the way. The input jack for it was loose, so that really sucked. I found out that that sound was probably the problem.

I prefer louder music, I didnt like how quiet this guitar is, I wish it was a little louder. I've been playing for 4 years. If this thing was stolen, I would'nt really care. I tried to get rid of it at Guitar Center, but they said they'd only give me 25 bucks for it, so I sold it to my friend. I love the look of it, it's more fun to play without an amp. I like how it sounded unplugged. I hated the electronics on the gutiar. It could have been made better. This isn't a good starter guitar. I started off with an Epiphone Les Paul Special II and it's a better axe for the money. And it can be easier to sell in smaller guitar shops, since the Strat is more popular and every store has a billion Squier Affinity Strats or Bullets. I just wanted this guitar so I could bang it around and do crap to it, I expected it to sound okay, but I never thought it would turn out this crappy. So if you want a guitar to bang up and keep in the closet, then this is for you. Just don't play it live. Or don't even take it out of your room.

This guitar would not withstand live playing. I used it for one of my church's teen masses once and play. dont worry about the finish, I've banged it around and taped it up alot, and nothing really happened to it. The guitar looks pretty cool though. The hardware won't last. During the first two songs it went, so I just turned all my gear off and played it without an amp. This guitar is totally an embarassment to play.

The action was okay, I had to fool around with the pickups to see if that would stop my noise from happening, the nut was poorly cut, the tuning pegs were just right though, I never had any problem with them, the pickup selector was noisy.

2002 Squier Affinity Stratocaster, made in Indonesia. 21 frets, thin neck, rosewood fretboard. Navy blue finish. Tune-O-Matic bridge, I think. The electronics on it suck. I'm pretty sure by now you all know the features. I bought this guitar off my friend as a backup guitar, or one to just paint smash and stuff. It didn't come with anything except for the gig bag it came in. It was a Fender gig bag, and it was a piece of crap.