Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: Long & Mcquade

I play classical, jass, and power-pop music. I don't have any problems getting the right sound. I'm not using any effects but I am using a Fender Frontman 15G. The noise on this guitar is fine. It buzzes quite alot and cracks alot when your not playing though.

I've been playing for about a year. I've been playing acoustic that whole time and I though that it was time for an electic. I think I couldn't have made a better choice with this guitar. I love the shape of this guitar. It's lightweight and just plain fun to play. If I lost this guitar or it got stolen, I would purchace this guitar again, no questions asked. One thing I wish I could change on it would be it's colour. I have a black body so I wish it had a black pickguard or black pickup covers just so it wouldn't look like your everyday n00b guitar.

Will this guitar withstand live playing? The question should be. "Can the strings withstand live playing?" This guitar is built like a tank. Strap buttons are great. I am planning to use this guitar at a gig very soon. I doubt that this thing will break. I'm more worried that I'll break a string.

I'd say that this guitar was perfect when I got it. The only thing that I wasn't happy with was that the plastic covering that covers the pickguard got stuck underneath the tone knob and makes a "scratching" sound, but that is my fault for not taking it off properly.

I wanted a inexpensive but decent guitar, and I think I found the perfect guitar, the Squire Affinity Strat. 22 Frets, Black Strat style body, white pickguard. There are quite a few controls for a "beginer guitar", there is: the main volume, 2 tone knobs (neck and other pickups), 5-way pickup selector. Who says that things "Made In Indonesia" are bad?