Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: Sam Ash

The sound was incredible with medium sustain and a nice ability to go well with distortion. I seem to get a bit of feed back on the bridge selector but it can easily be countered by moving around a little and rotating, overall it is definitly worth it. With Ernie Ball regular slinky strings, I am willing to bet, you will be surprised by the wonderful tone you get that can be used for various styles.

This really matches many styles and can be used with almost any genre. Has enough noise factor to be used for metal and can be slimmed for astonishing tone. God knows, maybe the guitar I got was made by someone who loved their job, and all the rest are crap, but if I were to give someone else my guitar. I know they would agree with me. This guitar is a winner, and I would recommend it to anyone who is on a budget.

I have had this guitar for 4 years and am still using it. I used it with the cheapest effects panel, the Zoom 606, and it just rocks everyone I play it in front of. Better sound than the Gibsons I have played at Sam Ash. I have used this in gigs that I have done and made it sound like it was a really expensive guitar.

This baby for some odd reason when I got her when I was 15 sounded much better than most of the Squier Strats I had tried out back then. I was so baffled by why it was more expensive then some of the models that had dual humbuckers and were Squier strats, but when I played this guitar, I knew I had a winner. The action is incredible and I have never seen a guitar stay in tune for so long. Even with the tension loose, it still seems to stay in tune.

21 frets, 3 single coil pick-ups, standard Tune-O-Matic tremolo system, 5-way selector, black finish top.