Affinity Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 3.6 Poor
Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: Northland Music

I play mostly metal and punk: Metallica, Sum 41, CKY, Slipknot, all that good stuff, and this guitar doesn't sound all that great.

I wouldn't buy another one of these if it were lost or stolen or even bother to look for it. It's a good deal on it for everything that comes with it though but I wouldn't buy another one.

My guityar has fallen to the floor evertime I've used my strap, the strap buttons are horrible. I would never use this at a gig even if I did have a backup. But, the hardware seems pretty solid.

The guitar gets banged up pretty easily.

This guitar isn't all that great. I bought this for about $400.00 and it came with a Fender Frontman 15G amp, a case, a pack of extra Fender strings, a few extra Fender picks, Fender tuner, Fender head phones, strap, a Fender patch cord and a few other things. It's a pretty good setup for beginners, but it wont last long. I've dropped mine a few times and it has cracked in half. It's a 5-way tone selector and has two tone knobs and one volume. It has 21 jumbo frets. This guitar has lasted me only a few months, it does not stay in tune very well.