Affinity Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: Milano Music

I play different kinds of rock (classic, metal, punk, ska, indie/alternative) and the Strat works pretty well for all of them. The pickups on this guitar are bad, plain and simple. But for a 150$ guitar what do you expect. When I first got it it was great I was a beginner so I didn't really have a certain sound I was looking for. But now that I'm more experienced I'm looking for a new guitar. It puts out alot of noise, especially on the Frontman 15G amp!

I play punk/metal/classic rock and this guitar suits them pretty well. I think better pickups would make it awesome. I've been playing for about 3 years and I'm still waiting to get a new electric guitar. I have an A&R acoustic guitar, a Frontman 15G, a Peavey 25 watt amp, Ibanez Tubescreamer. I would not buy this again 'cause its a begginer guitar, if it were stolen I'd kick whoever did its ass just for stealing. My favorite thing about this guitar is the comfortable neck, but hate the crappy electronics. Good beginner guitar that's it.

I've had this guitar for about 2 years and its held up well. I dropped it once and nothing happened. The tuners are actually not that bad and it stays in tune for about a month and then will start to go flat. I've gigged with it once without a backup and it worked fine all night. However I wouldnt do a gig w/o a backup again 'cause that's just stupid. This is actually a pretty solid guitar.

I don't remember how well it was set up from the factory but the action was high, just adjust the bridge to the action you want. The pickups were all put up really high so I lowered them down. Pretty poor quality construction. The pickguard is warped and comes up from the body in several places, and the input jack came loose (a little glue on the screws and now it's fine). The wood used on this guitar is of low quality. The neck however is very comfortable and I like the neck alot it's really comfortable and easy to play on. The frets are okay not great but I've seen some really bad fret jobs.

I'm not sure what year it is but it was made in Indonesia. I bought it as the Strat Pack with an amp, cable, etc. It was my first electric guitar after playing acoustic for about a year. It's a Stratocaster 3 single coil pickups, 1 volume, 2 tone controls, a standard non-locking tremolo. It's not a great guitar but for a beginner it works quite well. I really do like the neck, it's really comfortable wether fretting chords or soloing.