Affinity Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: SamAsh

I play a lot of pop punk, but also some older stuff. In the bagining I thought it was great, but after a while, it keeps sounding worse and worse. Buzzes a lot thought on osme frets. I think it does alright with my Crate amp, however, it buzzes badly. Have to play wiht my distortion to keep it from buzzing. I always have the pickup selctor using only the bridge pickup. The other two are useless in my opinon. But, for $150 I think this sounds good enought. Only for beginers. also good to keep if you get a better one.

If your starting off, this is great for beginners IMO. But only beginners. If I could do it over I would save up for a nice Epiphone or a Fender Strat. But also if your like me and can't wait to play, it will make you happy. I've been playing liek 3 months, so I'm new. The best part about this guitar is the price and durability, the worst is the pickups. All in all, if your a beginner or somehting buy it.

This guitar is pretty durable. My strap falls off lots of time (not because of the strap buttons breaking, probably just bad straps) lots of time and it nevers gets actually damged. I accidently hit stuff with this all the time, and so far, I have one dent on the headstock. My guitar is pretty thrashed. I wnat a new pick guard because mine looks all orange on the top from the picks. My guitar is all scratched up, but it still plays decent. I think it's a fairly durbale guitar.

Setup was again average. As soon as I took it home, had buzzing if the strings are picked too hard. Kind of a pain becuase I play with my arm and shoulder not my wrist so I hit it really hard. I break a lot of strings but my fall. Pickups suck. I find the neck and treble pickup useless. My guitar is red, and has a tiny flaw, a dark spot, in the finish. But, I don't care. It adds character.

Pretty basic features. Made in Korea, 21 frets, rosewood fret board, crappy 1 play pick guard, 1 volume knob, 2 tone knobs, 3 single coil pickups, accesories are a whammy bar and an Alan Wrench.