Affinity Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: Pat

I just started in August, but I've played with other guitars before. The Low E string buzzes if it's hit the wrong way. But, other than that the strings sound okay. I'm using it with the Fender Frontman amp I got it with. It all sounds good clean, but on distortion, the first, third, and fifth pickup settings have static. The tones don't really matter much.

I don't play very hardcore stuff, and this guitar plays well. I've been playing for about 2 and a half months, but I've had a bit of experience with a Fender Stratocaster and a Les Paul. This guitar doesn't sound like much compared to either, but if you've never had previous guitar experience, you'd probably love it anyways. I don't think there's anything I should've asked before buying this guitar, I researched it first. And if I got the guitar stolen, I'd prefer a different guitar, but with my budget, I'd have to get this one. But I'd still be happy. There's nothing I particularly like about the guitar, it's my first so I don't really know what to look for in it. What I don't like is the buzzing and the uselessness of the pickups. But other than that, I like it. Most other beginner guitars less than 300 bucks don't compare. I chose this one because my friend who's been playing for 7 years said it'd be the best choice for a beginner package. The package had everything I needed, so I don't really wish it had anything extra.

The guitar plays well. The body's durable too. I haven't had a dent yet. The strap buttons seem solid. I've never played live, but, seeing what others have said, I'd take a backup in case. The hardware doesn't sound/look like it'll need to be repaired anytime soon. The finish seems pretty long lasting.

The guitar's really playable. It's comfortable to practice with. Everything's snug. I don't think anything's going to fall out anytime soon. The pickups don't really help much though.