Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: exeter music shop

Can give a wide range of sounds (providing you have the right equipment) including a very warm neck pickup, and in middle and bridge you can force some awesome sounds out of it.

If it was stolen/lost I would buy it again for sure. It sounds good with distortion on my gorilla GG-20 Amp, and the neck pickup is great for soloing and classical jazz. There's nothing I hate about but if I could change one thing it would be the neck, which is pretty bog standard. I have been playing for a while, though this is only my second electric. Overall I love this guitar and if I find the money to upgrade the neck, this guitar will stay with me forever.

Solid. Would be confident gigging it any day. I have dropped it often (I have a poor strap) and it hasn't even dented the paintwork.

I bought it second hand from Exeter and it was dusty, the strings were old and the intonation was out. I fixed it all my self, though it would have helped if the people and EMS had done it in advance, but not bad for 60. Apart from that it's great.

Read what everyone else has said (mines almost exactly the same). I find the five-way Switch very useful as you can play almost anything with it. Mine's in cream, which put me off at first at first, but I have grown to love it.