Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: A # Music Center

I play neoclassical, and lots of Iron Maiden with this thing. I play through a Frontman, though I'm planning on replacing it with a Fender reverb with an uber metal pedal. When I first got this guitar it had a very thin sound so I replaced the pickups with seymour duncan hot rails. The thing has made sustain now, and you can pretty much playing anyhting with it. I recommend doing a little changing of the wiring so the other tone knob works with the bridge pickup instead od the mid.

This guitar matches me. I've been playing for about a year, and it's a very good starter guitar. If this were stolen I would probably just buy a Fender Strat to replace it. I love the pickups and I hate the bridge. Nope, didn't compare, was too much of a beginner back then. I wish this baby had a floyd rose trem tho.

This guitar can certainly withstand live playing as long as your not embarassed to be playing a Squier. The hardware will certainly last, just needs a change in pickups. I would certainly use this guitar w/o a backup and the finish is kinda thin. Lots of chips on this guitar, but it could be my fault for hitting stuff w/ it for no reason.

The action is dead perfect. The pickups were a little bit low when I got it but nothing a little work with the screw driver couldn't do. Besides that the thing was in fine condition. The neck feels great, and the strings are spaced nicely to give room for bending.

Well, I got this in a pack, which would explain the crazy expensive price for a relatively cheap guitar. It's made in Indonesia ans has 21 frets (rosewood). The body is made of some crappy material from an island in the middle of no where. It's a Strat body, black with the typical Strat bridge but the problem is that there's these lil pointies sticking out of it that gash your palm when you palm mute. I've taken the liberty of removing the old crappy pickups and putting in some Seymour Duncan hot rails. There's the typical vol/tone/tone combination of a Strat on it and the tuners are some Schallers. This baby came w/a case, crappy strap, cable, tuner, and a crappy Fender Frontman 15G. Other than all this ugliness and gashing of the palm I would have to say this is actually a very nice guitar for its price.