Affinity Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: Sigler Music in Fort Smith, AR

My style is soft rock, with a blues basis. Very John Mayer, Eric Clapton sound. I also play praise and worship at church. I play at church through solid state Crate. I practice through a Behringer practice amp. It can be pretty buzzy if you don't have great cables. Good rhythm sound but not great for lead licks or solos. It works for now until I get my Fender.

For the most part, I like this guitar. But I would much rather have a Fender for sure. I would recomend this to someone who wants to play but not for sure whether they're gonna stick with it. but if you're looking for a Strat, and you've played for any length of time, buy a Fender, trust me, you can feel the difference.

Personally I wouldn't use it in a gig. Good for practice and jamming, but not gig worthy in my book. It's reliable and durable, but the sound isn't too great.

For the most part the guitar is set up ok. the pickguard isn't fastened on very well but other than that I really didn't have much problem with the way it was built.

This guitar is modeled after a standard Fender Strat with 3 single coil pickups, 5-way Switch, Strat body, it however seems to have a slimmer neck and the wide headstock is modeled after the strats from the '70s. Pickups kinda suck. Smooth easy to play on neck. OK but not great features.