Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: local shop

I play a lot of Chili Peppers songs and also alot of U2, so this guitar is perfect (except for some of the U2 songs). The amp I use with the guitar is the one that came in the pack, the Fender Frontman 15G. The guitar has great tone, and sounds very close to a real Fender. The tone is really rich, bright and chunky, mainly when the bass setting is on 10.

This guitar is a perfect match for me. I've been playing about a year now and this is my first electric guitar. I stronly reccomend this guitar to begginer guitarists or anyone who can't afford a Strat. Just one thing though, the whammy bar puts the strings out of tune alot, so I have to keep tuning the guitar alot. Strings also break alot on this guitar. But apart from those minor issues, buy it!

I reckon that my guitar could be played live, it seems pretty reliable and everything, but the strap buttons aren't as solid as I'd like them to be (but then again, I don't play while standing up too much). I reckon its always a good idea to have a backup guitar, no matter how good it is, so I would use a backup.

This guitar was set up pretty good in the factory, and it doesn't have many flaws. However, the volume and tone control knobs on the guitar come off pretty easy and the washer and the nut around where you plud your lead into sometimes come off, which can be a pain.

I got this guitar for my birthday last year in october. It came in a Strat pak. It has 21 frets and the fretboard is Manogany (I think). The finish is a glossy one and the colour is sunburst. The controls on the guitar are tone, volume, and of course, pickup select0r. It has 3 pickups and also a whammy bar.