Affinity Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Squier: Affinity Strat

Jack of all trades, master of none. Having a five way pickup selection means this guitar can play pretty much anything. It will play metal, classic rock, punk, blues, you name it. Unfortunatley it doesn't cater specifically to any type of sound in particular. Personally my favourite music is just rock (Kiss, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Deep Purple etc) and this guitar can handle most of it. There is a lot of excesive buzzing however.

I have played this for about six months now and I'm ready to upgrade (Les Paul). I would not buy this guitar again because I know it is not the bees knees but it is probably the best starters guitar around. I love this guitars versatility but if you know how to play get something more suited towards your personal style. If it had better pickups I would think twice before upgrading.

This is a good sturdy reliable guitar. It will last throughout the ages, however you might have to tighten up the input once a month or so. I would not gig with this guitar solely because it sounds as bad as my singing but otherwise I think it would do the job well.

This guitar is again an all rounder. Sure it hasn't got the flash appearance of the SG or Warlock but it's a sturdy strong guitar. Mine has taken a few hard knocks in its time and only a couple of dings to show for it. But it doesn't have a particularly nice feel or ace looks.

Punk_Ninja
    This guitar sucks, i've got one, its constantly loosing its strings and going out of tune, luckily i'm getting a Dean baby V on saturday
    jcs5234
    hey hippy_jew, the "extra pickup instead of the slanted one" is called a humbucker which would make yours a squier HSS strat. anyway this guitar blows. the nut width is so small i cant get my fingers into chords on it. with some major mods it could be good though.