Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

It suits my style because it is versatile and can manage anything from Green Day to Arctic Monkeys and the Kooks. I mainly play pop-punk and occasionaly britrock. I use it with a 160 watt or 300 watt Peavey amp and a Boss Overdrive/Distortion OS-2 pedal. It buzzes but this can be expected from a cheap guitar. It can range from crunchy bassy blues tones to angry overdriven sounds with the pedal. the clean sound is good, but I don't use it much

This works well with my pop-punk style and my good amp and pedal. I have been playing for 4 years and can play most of the material that I want to play. If it were stolen/lost I would probably go for a Fender or Epiphone to make a step up. I love it's versatility, I don't like the look of the rosewood fretboard, I think maple looks better. also people see you with a Strat and immediately think you are rubbish which annoys me a lot. I wish it had a humbucker in the bridge to make the sound perfect.

This guitar has been heavily used for 7 years and the only thing wrong is a couple of scratches from me attacking the door and problems with the output socket. I don't play live but use it a lot and it is fine. The hardware is fine other than the output. The strap buttons have only troubled me a few times. I played at a concert and it never even crossed my mind to have a backup. The finish will only be ruined by actually being dropped or hit on things.

I don't know how it was at the factory but when I received it it was well set up and was great for me to learn guitar with. One of the tone controls is a bit loose but I don't really bother with that.

Don't know when it was made. My sister gave it to me when she left for university 2 years ago and it is now 7 years old. My first guitar. 21 frets, rosewood fretboard, sunburst finish, Strat style, string thru body, one volume two tone controls, 5-way selector. 3 single coil pickups.

ChopSuey19
    Alright, we get the damn point. It's a nice guitar for beginners, but anyone playing for a longer period don't like it. Move on and say something worth saying. And yea, I consider this worth saying.