Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: Roadhouse, Boston

This guitar sounds the same as a Fender. I have a fairly Standard amp so it will sound good on most amps. there's a bit to much bass sound though I must say though. Another annoying thing is that you can't de-tune it more than Drop D. So doing Drop B or Drop C songs you can forget about. It just keeps going out of tune. So if you do get this and I recommend you do, keep it in the Standard E tuning. Drop B or whatever can be done but you have to re-tune after every song.

I play all styles. From soul and jazz to metal. I've been playing guitar for almost 2 years now and I'm in a band and this guitar is very useful for taking to practices because we practice in a dirty/dusty garage. If this was lost or stolen I would search hard for it. It's very special to me because I've got really attatched to it. It's that good! This guitar is capeable of all genre's of music. Guitars like Ibanez, B.C. Rich and Gibson were built for rock only. The Squier is good because when I go to college I don't want to do just rock. I like a wide range of musical styles.

This guitar has been well made. It can take knocks and bumps like any other guitar. Like all guitars it wouldn't survive lots of drops or drops from big heights but other guitars can't either. I bought this guitar because I'm scared for my American Fender Strat because I paid 850 pounds for it so I wouldn't want to knock it

This guitar has been really well set up. There are no problems at all. This guitar woul be very good for gigging.

This is a Squier by Fender. It was made in china and since I got it a few months ago it's been great. It's basicaly Fender Stratcaster that's been toned down. It's a Standard guitar. Good for beginners. I have a Fender American Stratocaster and so I bought the Squier because the frets are the same size. Because it's a fairly Standard guitar it doesn't get many points because it's been stripped down a lot.