Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I play mostly rock and other poular guitar classics, and I think this guitar handles it all pretty well. I use it with a Fender G-DEC pro amp which might make it sound a lot better than it normally would. The guitar is a bit noisey but with more than one pickup in use it cuts down the noise to almost silence. The guitar does not make a huge variety of sounds between pickups but if you adjust the tone knobs on the guitar and then Switch pickups you will notice a diffrence in sound just not a trmendous change, in other words you get what you pay for or slightly more.

This guitar fits most styles of music pretty well. If I had more cash I would still rather have an American Stratocaster, but this comes relativly close. I love this guitars feel. I wish the pickups were a bit better and it had a two point tremolo bridge. Lastly a word of warning, many reviews say this guitar sucks many say it's great. Overall I wold give my guitar an above average rating. But with this guitar I think it is hit or miss on wheather or not you get a good one so I recomend testing it at the store first before buying it.

I think you should be able to use this guitar live. The hardware will last a long time with proper care. overall this guitar is very strong and I think it could survive a bomb blast, The strap buttons are pretty awful though. I've had at least 4 almost drops. The finish along with the guitar should last a while, but if playing at a gig I recomend a backup just in case.

The guitar was not set up all that well but I got that taken care of free of charge, and now everything seems how it should be. After getting the guitar looked at the action is fine. Pickups were adjusted well and the bridge was routed properly. The guitar has one tiny pait chip but other wise no noticable flaws.

This guitar was "crafted in China", I am not sure of the year though. It's got 21 jumbo frets and a maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. It has a solid top and an alder body with a black polyeurthane finish. It has a Strat styled contoured body and a string through body bridge with a whammy bar. It's got 1 volume and 2 tone controls and a 5-way pickup selector switch. It's got three single coil pickups and Standard die cast tuners and.9 strings. It also has a 1.41" nut.

Shannock
    I had the same problem with tuning. Get the guitar set up properly. Also check the nut, and see if the strings are tight in the nut. If so, ease the spaces slightly. Also coat the grooves or strings where they pass through the nut with pencil lead. Also treat the underside of the string trees with pencil lead. The set up is definitely a must though. You WILL be amazed at the difference. Hopes this helps.
    Red Exodus
    I think I'll just skip squier and move straight on to real strats, if I get a squier now I'll never get a better guitar.
    Zenaxe
    Sorry but I can't believe how many of the reviewers above gave the action a mark of over 6, 7 or 8/10 or even more for *this* guitar! Huh!? Have they really ever played another electric guiter? It definitely doesn't have nice action and compared to my (not too much more costly) Ibanez, it's nowhere near as easy to play, even after I lowered the Squier's ex-factory action. My Ibanez is world's apart, not only in terms of its playability, but also as to its fit and finish quality. Anyone thinking of trying this really should think twice, about what they want from a guitar and don't just be overawed by its 'Fender' association: This really is Fender's "bread and butter" offering, and I'm sorry I wasted time, when I was a beginner, on such a charmless instrument. Whereas Ibanez have a reputation for spreading quality broadly across their range, judging by this effort, I couldn't say the same of the Squier Strat by ... Fender! The Squier Affinity Strat is a very unimpressive and average guitar and I would definitely not recommend it - even if they are a beginner! After all, why should a beginner's guitar have to be so average, when other manufacturers are offering a world of a difference in playability for not much more paper!? Squier Strat: 4/10
    Machineheadfred
    This is an ideal guitar for beginners, its an all around average guitar and easy to use. What do you expect from a guitar that costs Around 100($200) brand new? I still play mine after 2 years of owning it and prefer to use this rather than my g400, the tone isnt as good as the g400 obviously(nice humbuckers for a cheap guitar) but after a few simple tweaks here and there the squier plays very well indeed.
    ghostbust555
    This is by far the best you can get for $150 i later cought a les paul and although the les has a much faster neck and more sustain; the strats sound is about 80% as good and is a lot easier on your neck.
    Guitar-N-Bass
    I got this as my second guitar, as after my Fender acoustic broke. Good guitar, not just for begginers.