Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: WorldMusicSupply.com

It suits all of my music styles which include rock, hardcore, and metal. I use both a Vox AD30VT 30 Watt Stereo 10 Inch Combo Guitar Amplifier and a Fender Sidekick. Effects wise I use a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, a Boss TR-2, and a Danelectro Flanger pedal along with various effects built in my Vox. It can be noisy, especially if you have it on the Neck only pickup. I recently replaced the pickups with much more expensive ones and I have no more problems. It can play anything really. It feels nice as well.

I play a range of: rock, hardcore, metal, and such. I've been playing for a little over a year now. If it was stolen I wouldn't replace it. Like I said, it's more of a beginner's guitar. If you mod it you will get a better sound out of it but if it breaks just get a higher class guitar. I love its feel, its sound (after modding), and its looks (both before and after modding it).

This guitar will withstand Live playing. I dropped my guitar twice and the only outcome was a small chip which I fixed. This is more of a starter guitar. You should get a few years but nothing drastic out of it. The strap buttons are solid. If you plan on doing guitar spins, strap locks are a must. I can definatly depend on it. If I had a backup I would def. use it though, just in case. The finish is great. I've been working the hell out it for over a year now it still plays liek the first day I bought it.

The action on the guitar is fairly decent. If you use thick strings you might get a lot of buzz. The pickups are alright, but not the greatest. I suggest replacing them if you can. When I purchased the guitar the only problem was the pickups really. There just kinda buzzy.

comorade21
    Well i must say i got mine at guitar center for $250 in a pack with a frontman amp and a bag tuner ect... accescories. anyway for the price, i say its pretty good