Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

I've only recantly started playing guitar but I know sound pretty well. I try play every thing from accoustic blues to Metallica The guitar itself sounds real good on a better bigger amp. The little frontman sounds like shit, tin shit. The volume only realy goes to about 5 then it just gets more distorted the more you turn it up. The guitar itself is a little noisy, but if you wanted to replace the pickups I think it would kill the noise. The volume knobworks good, no static. The lower/bride tone knob is the only one that seems to do anything and that dosen't do much.

Overall I thinkthat for the money this is a very good reliable guitar. Sadly the best thing about the "Strat Pack" is the guitar the accesories are for the most part junk. For someone starting out with the guitar it's agreat buy and I'm glad I bought it. I would rate the guitar about a 7 and the gear with it about a 4. If by some act of god I actualy lost my axe or someone stole it I would buy another one, just not the package deal. The only thing I wish this guitar had is tone knobs that actualy did something. My opinion is if you like the Stratocaster and want to go cheap or don't have much money this the guitar for you!

AS far as Live playing goes it would do prety well. The hardware is solid and would hold up in a gig. The strap buttons seem good I think the cheap strap itself was the problem, thas how I found out the finish cracks easily. I think if I were to play a gig I would want a backup for any guitar, just in case.

This guitar was set up pretty well from the factory and only needed minor adjustment to the action, the pickups were adjusted fine. The one major flaw is the output for the cord. It constantly, constantly comes loose. I just put a little dab of loctite on the threds, problem solved. THe finish is kind of thin and it will crack very easily.

What I have here is an artic white Squier Affinity Strat. It is fully endorsed and backed by Fender wich was a big selling point for me. I purchased it as part of "Strat Pack" and it came with a Fender 15 watt frontman amp, strap, gig bag, guitar cord, whammy bar, extra Fender string, wich I promptly replaced and some picks. It's a solid alder body with a bolt on maple neck, wich sports a 21 medium fret rose wood neck. I'm not shure what the tuning keys are, they have no name but seem to work good and it stays in tune pretty well, even when bending strings and slammin' the whammy hendrix style. The bride is a Standard "Vintage" style tremolo that is found on most lower end strats. This axe has a 5 way selecter Switch, 1 volume and 2 tone knobs and 3 single coil pickups. This particular Strat was made in 2006 and came from Indonesia.