Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: Kempsters Music

It suits my guitar style quite well, I go from classic rock, to bluesy improv so it sounds quite nice with a small amount of distortion. As you might expect from a squire affinity, the pickups are cheap, it dosn't sound particularly amazing, but they're alright for light distortion, as they get dirty quickly. Played through a Laney LX12 it sounds amazing for the price.

Suits anything from blues to classic rock, if it were stolen I'd go and get a tele affinity, cos that's what I wanted in the first place, but as a starter or spare guitar, it's well worth the money. I compared it with a Yamaha Pacifica, but this was much better and 5 cheaper.

Te strap buttons are huge, but I'm still ordering strap locks for piece of mind, and I've bashed it about plenty without it going out of tune. The finish looks nice, but chips easily the way I treat my guitars. If you like reiced guitars buy one of these, and don't pay attention to where you're putting it down.

Everything was just right (although I suspect the shop set it up ready, as it was a display model), but the strings feel cheap, so I've ordered some Ernie Ball regular slinky's. For the first week there was some fret buzz on the 10th fret of the 6th string, but that's gone now, and it's playing really nicely.

Made in 2007 somewhere in China (if you really care:CY07055073) 21 frets, and 3 pickups, as you'd expect form a Strat. Rosewood fingerboard on a maple neck, maple body and 5 way selector switch. Comes in metalic blue, metalic red or black. 2 tone controls (for neck and middle pickups) and one volume.

joesoleo
    Im sick of stupid people trashing this guitar, yeah you probably think it sucks because you suck at playing yourself. Of course this guitar cant do thrash metal or whatever because its not a lame guitar, u play blues or punk or whatever on it and if your any good your guitar will sound the same.