Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: SoundSource Music

I play rock, metal, grunge, and some alternative, it works for all of them easy. I just use the amp I got it with (I'm ready for a new one though) and it has lots of effects on it. I think it sounds really good, because I have used an actual Fender-brand 1 1/2 stack amp and it sounded great. No eccess noise. It'll do whatever you want it to do, but too much whammying and it will need tuned. I whammy a lot so I tune after every song with a lot o whammying)but you wouldn't have to after every song cause it goes like 1/6 step out of tune after lots of whammying (I'm just a tuneing perfectionist).

for what I play-it's great, nothing wrong at all with it. I own this and a Rogue acoustic guitar and this guitar I've had for 7 months. If it were stolen I'd buy something else, but that's cause I like variety (eventually I would get another one like this cause I'm in love with it). I love that it's not hard to play and the whammy bar rocks. The only addition I would love would be locking tuners cause tuning is were I break a third of my strings.

The guitar will easily play live, all the hardware seems as if it'll last a long while and the strap buttons(as long as your not using the shitty strap that the guitar comes with, are fine. and I would gig without a back up but I'd have to take a set of strings cause they break on me at the unluckiest times. the finish will scratch if you pick hard like I do, but that's what the pickquards for but I pick chords really hard and I kinda need a new pickguard already (dunno if that's normal or not).

When I got it everything was set up great-7 months later it still kicks ass. Verything in good condition. I was pissed off though cause I couldn't get all plastic off (some is still where the pickguard is(oh well if I wanted I could unscrew the screws the plastic sundder take the plastic out and screw it back in, but I'm to lazy).

Mine is a metallic red coleor with a maple neck and rosewood frets, it has 21 pickups and has the rounded end at the fretboard, there is a whammy bar, it's a bolt-on neck, two single coil pickups and a humbucker. with a white pickguard and chrome hardware. It was made in Indonesia. it has to tone nobs and a volume nob with a standard pickup switch. The guitar cost 199 dollars and I got it for 400 with a g-dec Jr. amp, a bag, some picks, and a strap, which was a good buy cause the amp wuz like 175 and the bag was 40 by itself (this was all in a pack). It's perfect for a beginner(this was my first electric guitar).