Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: pro music

I play a lot of classic rock; Led zepp, GnR, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Kiss, Thin Lizzy, Iron Maiden etc. For 100 pounds it fits most of my categories I can't always get the blues tone from my watson XL10P 10 watt. I also use a Behringer Ultra wah which works really well with this. It does have a lot of hum and with a lot of gain it really goes metal style but not that good.

This sort of matches my style of playing but it never gets it on full tone or exactly the same sound. I've been playing for nearly a year now and this was an excellent buy for me. If it was lost I wouldn't re-purchase it I would get a Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 simply because of it's humbuckers. I wish however this had the humbucker seen in other Squier strats for a louder tone.

The hardware looks like it will last me a while however I plan to change to Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 because of it's humbuckers and lp tone. I have yet to gig with this and the overall quality of it is ok. the strap buttons were a little loose but seem to be fine now after I have screwed it in more.

When I first got it I took it in for a check up, the action was lowered. I hated this I couldn't string bend and had a hell a lot of fret buzz this was changed in a day or two though. pickups were fine frets are a concern you must be ever so gentle with this as one of my frets are warped/damaged.

Contoured alder body, bolt-on maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and late '60s headstock, three single coil pickups and Standard tremolo system, the Affinity Series Strat guitar. 5 way selector 1 volume, 2 tone knobs. Came with Stagg cable and some Fender picks.