Affinity Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.2 Neat
Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: GC

This guitar is a pretty good combination of affordability and playabilty. Thus saying, it doesn't sound that great. I mainly play classic Rock or british invasion sort of stuff which makes the single coils kinda pointless. On most amps, it will give you this buzz on certain channels but on a clean channel it sounds pretty good. Don't buy this if your a speed metal freak.

I personally think that it is a great guitar for your first six months of playing but doubt it'll take you much further than that. If it were stolen I would not think twice in taking the money and running to an Agile LP or Epiphone. The great thing is though, it's pretty easy to figure out.

I like this guitar as a first guitar but don't plan on gigging with it. The neck is starting to show signs of wear and tear after only 3 months. I think if I dropped mine, it would break. The wiring was horrible. I think with Squier we assume a sort of better quality for lasting ability but I doubt we should.

The inital setup was okay and the action was kinda low. The pickups did need some adjustment. If you wanted to mod a guitar, I wouldn't actually suggest this. The wood is really cheap and you'd have to buy a new neck. still take it as it is and save an extra 50 or 100 dollars and step up if your buying a modding guitar.

I really don't like the fact that it was made in Indonesia and honestly it's a very average Strat. With the right amp it might sound better. The wood is probably very cheap and very close to a baseball bat neck. Still better than the LP 100 but I wouldn't buy this for the neck.

brownsfan456
    ryanbellindykid wrote: i bought my squire affinity for 130. and had it since january i play indie and grunge and it has a tiny chip in it only!! its better than normal fender as my grandads is messed up
    WTF???? better than a real fender lay of the pot.
    ryanbellindykid
    i dont mean all fenders just a few such as fat strat and affinity tele and standard fender(broke neck)
    ryanbellindykid
    ye but every1 says oh they break well dont bloody drop them then!!!!! got bye a decent strat tighten the strap buttons and ur fine
    Eh!Spratley
    i bought this thing for the base for a project guitar as a guitar itself it is medium-rare, its saving grace being it is JEN-YEW-INE alder wood instead of the ambiguous "laminate hardwoods" of other poor-mans guitars. everyone should think of investing in some new pickups (mine being those Fender Tex Mex beu's), grow some balls, and actually make the guitar into something you can be proud to play. don't be fooled into thinking its a beginners guitar and it will always be a beginners guitar. turn into "my first guitar" that will make you smile everytime you play it. mad love
    guitarfreak222
    Lil Macker wrote: TremontiIsAGod wrote: justinb904 wrote: new bridge and pups and this thing can sound great, regardless of what other say, it's a great guitar for the price and easily modified the only problem is you'd be spending as much money modifying as you spent buying the damn thing But people buy it to modify it; it's like 100, made from real alder and it's a beast to play! I'd buy one for a first/modding guitar.
    And the wood is sh*t.
    vampslayer99
    these things are the worst piece of shit ever, they are impossible to squeel on. i thought it was just me at first until i started playing other guitars ad squeeling with no problem. i have yet to find a worse guitar and i have played some pretty crap guitars. the squire doesnt even compare to the peavey version of this (the raptor). id honestly rather play a piece of driftowood. ibanez makes a much better guitar for for 30 dollars less. sounds and handles better.