Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

It suits my style of music because it gives me a bright-brilliant sound when it's on a clean effect, and when it's on a distortion effect it gives me a rich/full sound. So basically you get the best of both worlds. I use a Fender Frontman 25R amp w/ a Zoom G1X Multi-effects pedal. My guitar makes a "some-what" variety of sounds. Can't make sounds that sound awesome (like with a Floyd Rose tremolo or any other kind of tremolo) but it gives me a sound that I love.

I play mostly rock and metal stuff, so this guitar is perfect (once it's upgraded) for my style of music. I going on my 7th year of playing guitar. I own a Alvarez RD-8 Acoustic guitar. The only thing I would ask is how the setup should normally be on everything. If it were stolen/lost, if I had the money I would buy something that is just like it or something that is a lot better (like a Schecter C1-FR or a Ibanez RG model or something). I love the sound and quality I get for the fraction of the price. My favorite feature would be the feel and how thin the neck is compared to a Fender STD Strat. I compared this guitar with a Bullet Strat and I chose the Affinity Strat because it has better quality than the Bullet and it's reliability. The only thing I wish it had was a stock FR tremolo system (Floyd Rose) or a Ibanez RZ tremolo already on it.

I think it will withstand live playing. The bridge pickup won't last. But the rest of the hardware seem like it'll last a while. I would defiantly use it on a gig without a backup; therefore I would really depend on it. The finish is good enough to last you a couple years.

The action or setup of the guitar was perfect. I was able to play right away instead of having to take it to the shop to get adjusted the right way. The pickups are adjusted right. The only flaws I have with this guitar (before it was upgraded) is that overtime the bridge-pickup will blowout (doesn't work anymore). Since I had to replace the guitar with a new one twice, I decided to upgrade the guitar with EMGs to stop the problem from happening. Other than that, the guitar it's self is crafted to perfection.

-2007 in the USA -21 medium frets -Solid body (Alder) w/ maple fretboard -Strat body style -Strat-style bridge -Came w/ passive electronics but upgraded to Active EMGs -Came w/ 2-tone 1-vol and a 5-way selector, but upgraded to 1-tone + vol and a 5-way selector -Came w/ S/S/S Fender factory pickups, but upgraded to S/S/H EMG pickups (KH-20 model) -Came w/ stock Fender factory tuners, but upgraded to Sperzel locking tuners. -No included accessories Other upgrades include: -Schaller strap-locks -Fender Strat cavity cover

tbfender93
    Hey. For my posted review, i accidentally misused and misspelled words and grammar. Pardon me for rushing through it. My bad. :
    Steve 101
    i used to think this guitar was good. but now that i have heard others i cant wait for christmas and hopefully an LTD(or ESP idk??) KH-202.now about this guiatr. the laminated pickguard was nasty from the start for me. it was torn at the edges which made the guitar look like a childs toy or something. Frets are too small. thank god the KH 202 has XJ frets cause my hands are too big when i get down to anythingpast the 18th fret and i have to fret it in a weird way.
    hendrix866
    to remove the volume and tone knobs do you you just pull them off or is there something special to do?
    Duncas
    wow, i dont believe you guys, moaning about this guitar. for 150 it is a STEAL!!!!! the neck on this model squier is so fast!!! if your planning on getting one though, buy a HOT RAILS model. 50 more but you get some serious power under the hood!!! Duncan designed HR-1's. personally im buying one of these to customise. peace.