Affinity Strat review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Strat

Purchased from: Friend

I play alot of different styles mostly in the hard rock and metal area. I also play other miscellaneous styles but mostly those two. I bought the guitar because I loved Yngwie Malmsteen and wanted a single coil sounding guitar because of him. Honestly the sound is great as far as I'm concerned. Squier gets a lot of crap from users for being low quality maybe I got a good one. This one is just absolutely beautiful sounding on clean and distortion. It can do anything except like death metal. Its also too mushy for metallica but that's not what a Stratocaster is for. So the guitar sounds amazing to me for what I use it for.

It does match my musical style when I want to do Yngwie style stuff or Van Halen for that matter. I've been playing about 7 years, and I own gibsons, gretsch, and an Ovation acoustic. If it were stolen I'd definitely pick this guitar up again its amazing. I'd be mad because of the hard work I did scalloping it but I'd scallop it all over again. I love the feel of the neck Standard but when its scalloped this guitar is godly. I'm not joking.

This guitar is just a beast. Its a working horse guitar and its also my experiment guitar. I recently scalloped the neck on it myself and it has become my favorite guitar I own and have ever played honestly. The hardware is nice, pickups are good, everything on this guitar is just top notch. I just got lucky with getting a good Squier since I hear so many are crap.

The guitar was a mess when I got it because of it being a closet guitar for 3 years so I can't really say much about the action, fit, and finish. All the hardware, nut, electronics, ect were very nicely done the soldering inside is remarkably good for a low price guitar no problems there. Overall good action.

I got my Squier affinity Stratocaster from a friend, it was 45 dollars because she needed baby formula so I bought it got it a set up for an additional 40 so it was bought for $45 but paid $85 all together. It has 21 frets, its an '03 so I don't know much else about it. It has 3 single coil pickups all stock, stock tremolo but took the bar out because I never use it. Standard Strat configuration 1 volume, 2 tone knobs. 5 way selector switch. Came in a Strat Pack which came with the Fender Frontman 15G amp, bag, picks, ect.

goo94
    Spade_SanosukeX wrote: All Squiers suck royally. There is not one good Squier out there.
    *cough* classic vibe *cough* just take some time modifying them and they're actually quite nice to play, as can be said for almost any guitar if the neck is nice and the body is half decent then there's always a possibility of a lush guitar just look at some of the threads in the customizing forum for proof on that!
    ZA58
    when I got my sq the G string was buzzing like crazy but affter I got it fixed it sound great.
    Gallardo147
    This guitar is pretty decent the only problem is that this site is filled with dumbasses who complain that the action is too high or who have to take the guitar to Guitar Center just to get it tuned, its not hard to set it up and after a little easy work it'll sound great for the price you payed, i compared it to my friend's standard fender strat and it may be even the same. Mine is the Squier 20th anniversary strat which may be the reason it sounds great as it may have been built better than more recenct ones